- Becoming familiar with Power BI Desktop’s purpose and where it fits in to the Power BI environment and how to navigate around it.
- Import data into Power BI Desktop and learn how to perform various transformations in readiness for analysis.
- Create a number of reports using some of the visualisation templates available in the desktop.
- Learn how to build a data model to interrogate multiple files for a more granular level analysis.
- Learn how to write some basic calculations (measures) using DAX functions that manipulate the data in the model to return the desired results
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who wants to understand Microsoft Power BI’s main features, who wants to find out how to navigate around them and how they can be used in order to effectively transform and analyse data.
- Collecting and segmenting data from different sources,
- Creating data models and reports tailored to individual needs,
- Effective data visualisation,
- Publishing reports online and with the help of mobile devices,
- Using Power BI in conjunction with Office programs.
- Introduction to Power BI
- Getting Data and Transformation
- Data Modelling and DAX
- Data Visualization
- Power BI Service
- Visualization Basics
- Slicing and Dicing data in Power BI
- Best Practise Scenarios of Using Visuals
- Custom Visuals